We are hiring for an Accountant. Do you have a stellar background with previous experience? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
- Carries out day to day operations in accordance with established accounting principles and objectives.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions to include accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, payroll, cash and investments, and any other miscellaneous categories to ensure the accurate and timely recording of financial transactions of the Company.
- Assists the Controller with preparing the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position for management. Provides financial information to managers on a monthly basis.
- Prepares monthly Sales Tax Reports and electronically submits to State Treasurer.
- Prepares commission calculations.
- Performs invoicing integration for SARMA Data Systems and Dealer Centric. Reviews invoices for billing accuracy by comparison to billing file. Prepares and mails invoices for above mentioned products.
- Provides backup function to Collection remittance process, Accounts Payable, and also to Customer contract process in the absence of responsible personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Proficiency with spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, including the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Proficenciency with accounting systems. Experience with Microsoft Great Plains preferred
- Superior math skills.
- Ability to work with confidential data.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced office environment
Sarma offers multiple service offerings to help consumers and businesses make key decisions. These decisions range from employment, financial decisions, collections activity, profitability growth, purchases, and more. These services include but are not limited to:
- Mortgage Credit Services
- Credit Reporting Services (Consumer and Business)
- Recovery Management Services
- Employment Screening and Tenant Screening
- Customer Survey
The Sarma Mission Statement:
To provide business and consumer solutions to assist our customers in making more informed decisions and mitigate risk.
- Integrity Through Ethical Behavior
- Delivering on the Promise of Standing Behind Our Products and Services
- Building Strategic Partnerships to Create Mutual Success
In addition to a competitive salary, Sarma offers Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, 401(k), Life and Long Term Disability insurance, Plan 125 Cafeteria Plan, Vacation, Sick, and Holiday time off benefits as well.
Sarma has been dedicated to the highest quality products and services for over 100 years; we place a high value on customer satisfaction and recognize the value of individuals who are self-motivated, possess sound work ethics and have the ability to manage multiple priorities.
We are honored to be named as one of San Antonio Business Journal's 2017 Best Places To Work.
We look forward to the opportunity of you joining the SARMA Family.