|Title:||Accounts Payable Clerk|
We are hiring for an Accounts Payable Clerk. Do you have a stellar background with previous experience in Accounts Payable? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
Accounts Payable Clerk
- Receives and verifies all invoices for payment. Ensures appropriate approvals are obtained.
- Codes invoices for entry into the A/P system and obtains approval of coding from the Controller.
- Produces computerized A/P checks on weekly basis and processes individual invoices on demand as necessary. Mails checks to vendors.
- Prepares certain general ledger entries/accruals and posts to the general ledger. Maintains daily cash report to monitor cash balances in operating and investment accounts. Makes cash transfers between accounts and necessary. Prints all accounts payable reports and maintains all accounts payable files.
- Answers all vendor inquiries. Communicates with employees regarding invoices and expense reports.
- Accounts for all funds that are received from Debtors and Clients, as well as other sources; seeing that those funds are properly categorized, deposited and posted daily.
- Posts the payments to the Debtor or Client account using in-house computer software, receives batch totals, and balances the batches to the deposit tape run of the checks.
- Prepares one or more deposits for the bank and posts the deposits to the checkbook using a computerized accounting system. Responsible for posting returned debtor payments to checkbook. Responsible for reviewing, recording and posting additional processing fees for electronic payments received. Determines disposition of checks returned by the bank. Posts Client write-offs as instructed by the Accounting Department. Assists Collections Department with questions on Debtor and Client accounts.
- Posts debits for Letter Service Revenue and related sales tax to the Clients' statements. Provides backup function for posting direct Debtor payments or adjustments submitted by the Collection Department from a Direct Payment Log and from an Adjustment to Placements Log or from payment lists received directly from clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are looking for individuals that have the following skills:
- High School Diploma
- 2 years bookkeeping/clerical experience or education equivalent.
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, including the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains preferred
- Superior math skills.
- Ability to work with confidential data.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced office environment
Sarma offers multiple service offerings to help consumers and businesses make key decisions. These decisions range from employment, financial decisions, collections activity, profitability growth, purchases, and more. These services include but are not limited to:
- Mortgage Credit Services
- Credit Reporting Services (Consumer and Business)
- Recovery Management Services
- Employment Screening and Tenant Screening
- Customer Survey
The Sarma Mission Statement:
To provide business and consumer solutions to assist our customers in making more informed decisions and mitigate risk.
- Integrity Through Ethical Behavior
- Delivering on the Promise of Standing Behind Our Products and Services
- Building Strategic Partnerships to Create Mutual Success
In addition to a competitive salary, Sarma offers Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, 401(k), Life and Long Term Disability insurance, Plan 125 Cafeteria Plan, Vacation, Sick, and Holiday time off benefits as well.
Sarma has been dedicated to the highest quality products and services for over 100 years; we place a high value on customer satisfaction and recognize the value of individuals who are self-motivated, possess sound work ethics and have the ability to manage multiple priorities.
We are honored to be named as one of San Antonio Business Journal's 2017 Best Places To Work.
We look forward to the opportunity of you joining the SARMA Family.